Recent developments in laser technology have revolutionized many areas of plastic surgery. Medical lasers can reduce skin imperfections with minimal downtime and discomfort. At Belmont Plastic Surgery, we remain at the forefront of these technologies, and offer a variety of effective cosmetic laser treatments.
How Can Laser Treatments Help Me?
Laser treatments can improve the texture, clarity and overall appearance of your skin.
Conditions that can be treated include:
- Unwanted hair on nearly any part of the body.
- Static wrinkles: wrinkles that are always visible and do not change in appearance during facial movements.
- Dynamic wrinkles: expression lines that often appear as folds when your skin is not moving, and deepen during facial expressions.
- Pigmentation: Freckles, sun spots, melasma, and other colored patches of skin, caused mainly by sun exposure.
- Scars: A result of acne or injury to the skin, scars may be wavy, pitted, discolored, or raised.
- Vascular conditions: Blood vessels visible on the surface of the skin, vascular lesions, or facial redness.
- Loss of skin tone: Weakened skin structure (collagen and elastin fibers) that causes a loss of skin firmness, or the development of cellulite.
Erbium laser resurfacing is designed to remove surface-level and moderately deep lines and wrinkles on the face, hands, neck, or chest with minimal burning of surrounding tissue.
For fine lines or wrinkles around your eyes or mouth or on your forehead, shallow scars from acne, or non-responsive skin after a facelift, then you may be a good candidate for laser skin resurfacing.
Intense Pulse Light (IPL) treatment, also known as photo rejuvenation or fotofacial, is an excellent treatment for resolving conditions like age spots, broken capillaries, sun damage and other pigmentation problems.
Laser hair removal is one of the most effective and gentle ways to remove unwanted body hair. To eliminate hair, a laser beam of very low energy is passed through the skin and into any hair follicles that are currently growing. These follicles are then eliminated at their lowest level within the skin.
EVLT is an effective outpatient procedure that uses ultrasound waves to identify the source of major varicose veins, offering immediate relief with almost no scarring. It requires no general anesthesia and offers minimal risk and shorter recovery time.